Monday, June 3, 2013

The Alpine Loop - A Sunday Adventure

Sunday afternoon three cars worth of ward friends decided to go on a drive through the Alpine Loop. I had never been before and it was gorgeous! I was really enjoying the beautiful scenery and the perfect weather. It was unfortunate that I got car sick after a while from all the hairpin turns driving through the canyons. I have never gotten car sick before, so it was quite surprising, but I am happy to report that thanks to the care of some great friends, I never puked! Thank goodness because that would have been embarrassing. We stopped at a mini camp site to get me some fresh air and there my friend Brad begged people for motion sickness medicine. Yeah, I took unpackaged drugs from complete strangers. Brad assured me that they were nice strangers though, and the drugs worked! I just started to tingle and get loopy on our way back down the mountain. Good times. People enjoyed hanging out and throwing the Frisbee around up there too while they waited for me to feel better. So kind, so patient. I love my ward.









No comments:

Post a Comment