Monday, June 3, 2013

Package from France

I got my first ever package from France! It was exciting because I wasn't expecting it at all. Shouldn't I be sending her packages instead? It couldn't have come on a better day, because I was having a pretty blah day up to that point. In the package was French chocolate and two letters. One from Lorraine and one from her companion. Both of them were great letters in which they shared powerful testimonies. I am so proud of my little French missionary! And I am so grateful that she bothered to send her love and support even though she is all the way on the other side of the world and very busy serving the Lord.

This is one of my favorite parts of the letter Lorraine sent me:

"Stacy - I've only been here two weeks, but I'm understanding why you loved your mission so much. You can have the worst day and then the most wonderful miracles...I've been studying grace a lot lately and it is powerful. God really loves us so much. Sometimes life is just really, really hard and God doesn't make it easier when we ask Him. But through the enabling power of the atonement, Christ can carry us through our trials."

No comments:

Post a Comment