Monday, March 4, 2013

Through small things great things are brought to pass

Yesterday, church was absolutely amazing. It was fast and testimony meeting so already it was bound to be good, but that one was particularly special for me. I love being the relief society president - it's a lot of responsibility and sometimes it is a little overwhelming, but it allows me to get to know the sisters in my ward. I have the opportunity of seeing all the little things that the people in my ward are doing to improve themselves and to help each other. They may seem like small acts, but because I know their background story I know that it really means so much more. Sometimes I feel a little creepy how I keep tabs on everyone's doings, but really its just because I care and want to be able to help if I can. For the most part, though, I feel like I haven't been able to do anything. I just watch everyone else do it for me. Anyways, yesterday's fast and testimony meeting basically represented all the little things that have added up to make big differences in various individual's lives. Girl's who were struggling with various trials are now coming out on top which is awesome! I almost did a fist pump at one point during the meeting. I am just so happy for them and so grateful that God has blessed me with the chance to witness all the good works that are happening around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment