Monday, January 13, 2014

MyFitnessPal

So I use this app on my phone called MyFitnessPal. It's pretty cool and easy to use. You can track your food (calories, fat intake, etc) and weight and stuff like that. When I first got it it was to help me keep track of (and therefore ideally limit) the amount of candy I ate while working at the BYU candy counter (Mmm chocolate), but now I use it to keep track of what I eat so I can connect it to when I feel sick and such. 
Sometimes it is annoying bothering to quantify and type in everything I ate that day (I still have no idea what an ounce looks like), but I have to admit it's kind of fun tracking how much weight I have lost since I started using this app about a year and a half ago. My myriad of stomach issues have not been fun, but I'm going to enjoy being skinny, gosh darn it. This is my upside. I just wish I had lost the weight because of my awesome self control and exercise routine and not because my body hates me.
Anyway, the other day when I typed in my latest weight I noticed for the first time that this app tells you what percentage of your original body weight you have lost and I was shocked to see that it said "20.1%". Do you realize what this means? I have lost 1/5 of my body! Which might not seem like a huge deal, but I wasn't exactly a huge person when I started this app. I've for the most part leveled off and am not losing much weight anymore. That's a good thing, I guess, since I'm just a few lost pounds short of being a quarter less of a person. 
I'll tell you one thing, though, this 4/5 of a person sure enjoys having a reason to buy new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment