Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Weirdly Great Day

Do you ever have those days where you are really productive? I don't know what it was about yesterday, but it was an unusually good day. Was it overly fun or exciting in anyway? No, not really. In fact, I had to stay at work an extra hour, I had to get a flat tire repaired, and I even had my car battery die on me resulting in me being stuck in a parking lot in 30 degree weather for an hour and a half. Based on that description, it wouldn't seem like a good day. But that morning I woke up with exactly 8 hours of sleep feeling grateful, inspired, and motivated to get everything I needed to done that day. It was just so clear in my mind some things that I needed to do that day, especially for my calling. Among other things, I made appointments, paid bills, read my scriptures in the morning, got a lot done for my relief society, started an online class just for fun, did some shopping, and I even had the opportunity to do a few little acts of service as well as receive some help myself. 

*Shout out to Becca for saving me with my various car problems 2 days in a row. Additional shout out to Anna for thinking to go get Frosties after being rescued from the parking lot.* 

It just goes to show that happiness is not the result of being rich or famous or whatever else it is that the world tells you that you must have to feel good. It's a state of mind that you can have no matter where you find yourself in life. I feel my happiest when I am productive, doing what's right, am surrounded by good friends, and am able to focus on others instead of myself. It makes me feel like I am in control of my life again. Lately I have been so weak; it's nice being reminded that I am a capable person who can and is being guided by the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment