Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Last Day of Summer

While technically I have been "in school" for 2 weeks now, yesterday still marked the end of summer for me. I don't have to go to college or do homework anymore, but my roommates and most of my friends do. No longer can I expect them to be available to play with me whenever I want. Time for me to start entertaining myself, I guess.

That being said, I lived out a good last day of summer. I slept in late and then I ate breakfast, read my scriptures, and wrote in my journal while still lying in my bed in my pajamas. It was a great, lazy morning. Then I went with a bunch of friends to the Alpine slides for the second time this month. This time it was sunny and the water was refreshing instead of freezing. It was a good time, and I got a little sun. 

Hiking makes you hungry so after Alpine, I made myself an omelet for dinner - Ooo fancy. I ate 2 whole eggs and boy did that fill me up. Later, after watching a show on netflix and doing some stuff for my calling, Becca and I went to Chick-fil-a where we got free shakes. Shakes are like the best thing in existence.

While on our way home a storm blew in out of nowhere and the rain started coming down so hard, it was impressive. I don't always get the urge to play in the rain, but it was the last day of summer, darn it, and Becca was willing to go out in it with me, so that is what we did! We went on a walk in the pouring rain. It didn't take long for us to get soaked, which may or may not have been slightly scandalous because one of us may or may not have been wearing a white shirt. I won't say who. Haha. By the time we got to the Lava Lounge which was just up the street, our shoes were squelching and we were dripping wet. I'm sure we wowed our boys with our "drowned animals" look. Then we splashed in puddles, watched (and even reenacted) the awesome lightning, and visited our across the street neighbors as well. It was refreshing, in the end cold, but totally worth it.

Of course, the best way to end our rainy evening was by changing into matching stretchy pants and sweaters and cuddling up to watch Anastasia. That movie never gets old. It really was a good, chill day.

Goodbye, Summer. It's hard letting you go. You know you will always be my favorite, but I think I am ready to move on to the next chapter of my life. 

Fall, show me what you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment