Thursday, March 21, 2013

Big White Envelopes

There I was sitting on my couch studying for my final, just minding my own business, when I heard the sound of keys jangling and of one of the apartment mailboxes opening. It makes a distinct clanking noise that I can hear even through closed doors. I'm use to it; I usually don't pay much attention to it, but today there was something different about the situation. When the mailbox opened, it was followed immediately by a loud squeal, a slam of the mailbox, and the sound of footsteps running back to their apartment. Then followed a lot of excited chatter between roommates. I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying except for: "...Yeah, my apartment tonight at 8:00." Oh yeah, that would be another mission call. I happened to be sitting outside last week and witnessed another girl from my relief society pull out that big white envelope from the mailbox too. I love how this is becoming the norm. Yep, it's mission call Wednesday/Thursday.

Though sisters getting their mission calls is becoming a regular thing, that doesn't make each one any less special. It was funny to me how while that girl yesterday was having the most exciting, nerve-shattering, life-changing day of her life, there I was bored out of my mind studying for a stupid test. It wasn't a very exciting day for me yesterday...

Oh well, I've already had my scream at the mailbox moment. :)
(4 years ago this week!)


No comments:

Post a Comment