Monday, February 4, 2013

My heart aches for you...

I usually enjoy FHE, but tonight I will admit I was not overly excited when I found out we were doing crafts: Valentine's Day crafts. You see, I was always the girl who was content to sit and watch other people make beautiful things while I made pleasant conversation. Tonight was no different. I just sat there for a while, overwhelmed by all fancy, pintrest-worthy paper surrounding me. I was pretty certain I would not be touching the stuff. I only mustered up the courage to attack such a fluffy project when I finally had the inspired thought that I was wasting an opportunity to do something (even if small) for someone else. I decided horrible, mushy, over-the-top romantic Valentines must be made. Yes, the love notes I wrote on my little paper hearts were quite magical. It was a delightful way to bring a smile to a few friends faces and I ended up enjoying making them too. It was a little thing, but I was glad I got over my impatience with crafts in favor of doing something nice-ish for someone else. Later, during the "after party," I somehow ended up leg wrestling for the first time in years - awesome, but I totally got owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment