Friday, January 31, 2014

The Adventures of Stacy's Sick Body!

Update on the adventures of Stacy's sick body:
In this week's installment, Stacy gets an ultrasound!

The doctor wants to make sure that there isn't any funny business going on with my organs, particularly the gallbladder, so she had me go and get them all photographed by ultrasound. The gel wasn't as cold as people said it would be, but the rod digging into my organs was more uncomfortable than I would have imagined. Overall it wasn't that bad, and it didn't take long either so it was fine. 
She turned off the sound because the swashing of my internal juices apparently wasn't as cute as say a tiny heartbeat. I was so close to asking if it was a boy or a girl, but I figured she got that joke all the time, so I held it in. Besides, it was hard to talk when she had me holding my breath all the time. 
Overall, it was an interesting experience. Now I have to wait for a series of doctors to look at the pictures and tell me if they saw anything. Oh, the waiting game. I have come to know you well. 

Carrying on the t.v. series analogy, I really hope the season finale is anti-climatic and boring. I hope my viewers understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment