Tuesday, September 17, 2013

End the Wait

Today, I had a realization. I hate waiting. Hold on, that's not the realization because I definitely knew I was an impatient person before now. BUT, today I was able to relate these feelings to the situation of others. Lately I have felt like I have especially gotten to feel how very sucky it is to wait indefinitely for solutions. Seriously, it can drive you nuts. This morning I was moaning due to my own impatience for certain outcomes, when I listened to a talk by Elder Bednar (Oct., 2011 General Conference) in which he invited the youth to participate in Family History. Honestly, I wasn't excited about listening to that particular talk but it was next in the cue so I went with it. While listening I started to think about the people who have already passed on. I realized that there are tons and tons of people who are waiting on the other side of the veil to get their temple work done. I mean, I already knew that, but today I was finally was able to understand what they have been feeling for who knows how many hundreds of years! Take my impatience and times that by a million. These people have been waiting indefinitely to be freed from Spirit Prison and be sealed to their loved ones. What a miserable state to wait in! Realizing this, for the first I felt a desire to learn how to do family history work. I hate waiting, and if I can help shorten anyone else's wait time, then I definitely want to do it. Besides, it will give me something to do at work. I have a lot of down time there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment