Friday, March 29, 2013

ROAD TRIP! - Southern Utah

Another Chick-fil-a opened in St. George, Utah and of course the VPLCT had to be there! We left Tuesday night at 1:45 am to get to St. George by 6:00 am. I thought I would get some sleep in the car ride there, but that definitely did not happen. I then thought I would get sleep in the tent set up in the Chick-fil-a parking lot were we were stuck for 24 hours in order to earn a year's supply of Chick-fil-a, but that didn't happen either. It was too hot in the St. George sun. I'm not complaining though. After a harsh winter the sun felt great! It was just stuffy in the tent. Anyways, so I spent the day time at Chick-fil-a in a sleepy, though content, haze. In the evening though, I got my second wind. Caffeine had a lot to do with it. Also, a DJ came and started blasting party music and soon throwing around a football turned into a dance party. That random burst of energy was a lot of fun, but it didn't last. I crashed by 9:00 pm. I definitely did not have a hard time sleeping in a parking lot that night.

 
The next day, after securing our "chicken in paper form," my car which had Lorraine, Lorraine's brother Evan, Ryan, Blake, and I went up to visit some of Utah's national parks instead of going straight back to Provo. We first drove through Zion's during sunrise and it was gorgeous. There is something magical about Southern Utah. It makes you feel so free - there are no worries in Southern Utah. Even though I had only had about 5 hours of sleep in the past two days, I still felt so happy to be there. Then we went to Bryce Canyon and there we hiked the Fairland trail. It is an 8 mile hike around some of the prettiest and most unique mountain formations you will ever find. It was like walking through a different world and I really enjoyed it! 

 
The part of our hike, though had to be when Lorraine realized she had to use the bathroom and that there were no bathrooms anywhere along the trail. It was a tough decision that required a lot of questioning from the guys and a lot of council between the girls before Lorraine finally decided to brave the wild and pee outside without toilet paper. She came out a new woman. She felt like she could do anything, and quite honestly I think she can. If you can pee outside, what else could possibly stop her? Haha! I just realized that this is kind of a weird thing to be blogging about...maybe you had to be there to honestly understand how absolutely hilarious the whole thing was. 

Point: It was a great couple of days. It was weird to come back to Provo and realize we had to go back to life as usual the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment