Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Buenas Dias, Clase

Substitute teachers - the opportunity for students to cut loose and mess with an adult's head, right? Usually I don't have problems, but yesterday a 7th grade student tried to pull a "No hablo ingles" trick on me for the entertainment of the class. I heard him planning it with his friends before the bell rang. He would only speak Spanish and acted confused about everything I said. Boy were they surprised when I responded in fluent Spanish myself. What the what? White Girl speaks Spanish? Yeah, that's right. I totally showed them up (In a very professional way, of course).

The best part was that then that kid not only couldn't get out of doing work because he "didn't understand the instructions", but also he was stuck so that he couldn't speak English with his non-Spanish speaking friends for the rest of class to cover for his lie. Ha. 

I LOVE that I speak Spanish!


No comments:

Post a Comment